[ Archive Home ]

General
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 of 9

(Post 1 of 433)   07/08/2000.18:28:00
Author :
Mossie
This move is long overdue. Join me all forumers in welcoming Warren into his own homepage. Please make him feel comfortable.

(Post 2 of 433)   07/08/2000.18:57:00
Author :
Phant0m
o yeah long long overdue .... prepare to recieve lots of Questiions ! ;)

(Post 3 of 433)   07/08/2000.19:04:00
Author :
Web2web
hello warren,

today should be an auspicious date, July 8th...
in cantonese sounds like "sure to prosperous"
to have a new home !!!!

wish you more successes in your Stalking the IH and finding him at work.. then share with us more of your finding for a prosperous and profitable 2H 2000

congratulation of having a home of your own

best regards

(Post 4 of 433)   07/08/2000.19:09:00
Author :
Emma
Hi Warren,

Although we've not had any exchanges before, I do enjoy your postings and presence in SI.

Here's a housewarming gift accompanying my visit.

(Post 5 of 433)   07/08/2000.19:30:00
Author :
Allee
warren, where are you.... now a vagabond no more....

(Post 6 of 433)   07/08/2000.20:28:00
Author :
Elle
WARREN, at last!! Your own home!! Now SI forumers can gather here so that you can rub onto us your wisdom, knowledge and experience. Welcome and somehow know that we can look forward to a strong, sound and well-founded home by one of SI's best!!

(Post 7 of 433)   07/08/2000.21:34:00
Author :
Believer

No More Bully for the Small.

(Post 8 of 433)   07/08/2000.22:38:00
Author :
Mossie
Believer,

That's a good resemblance of Warren..Haha..HE's a sifu alright.

Others,
Do keep the welcome coming. On weekends, he's under house arrest and cannot appear on SI. But trust me, he will reappear on Monday (I hope).

For those who know Warren on SI, he's actually a very shy guy. I did a sneaky on him. I created his Homepage without him knowing. Good thing we can remain cyberfriends. If he has a choice, I think he would want to remain homeless.

If I may "answer" for him, the welcome from all of you is so warmth. He will be touched. Hopefully, he will write his five part life story of "How I leveled the Playing Field for Retail Investors". Keep the wish wishes coming. I hope he will touched enough NOT to kill me...

Mossie

(Post 9 of 433)   07/09/2000.01:21:00
Author :
Zico
Mossie,

You very thoughtful, set up a homepage for Warren.

I cannot come here for his housewarming empty handed right. Look what I bought Warren....

sofa
liv

Home Sweet Home Warren!

(Post 10 of 433)   07/09/2000.19:42:00
Author :
Warrenb
WELCOME Warren!! ...another new neighbour on the SI street!!

Now on the SI street, I'm being "flanked" by guru neighbours...Warren & wci...

(Post 11 of 433)   07/10/2000.00:07:00
Author :
Warren
Hello everyone,

Thanks for the reception and welcome extended here at my very own homepage. I hadn't planned on opening one, unsure if I would have enough to say or an audience to hear and read. Since, I've been accorded residency at this neighbourhood by accident, I hope to live up to your expectations and be a contributing netizen here at SI.

Phant0m,
I fear you overrate my abilities, but I shall endeavour to answer any question posed to the best of my ability.

Web2web,
I'm not much into feng shui, but I accept your salutations with heartfelt thanks. The IH is crafty, and like a wild horse will use all energy to throw you off. It would be quite fun stalking him, and once found, having enough strength and courage to hang on to this broncing bonco!

Emma and Zico,
Thanks for the wonderful gifts. Picture to hang on the wall, and complete furniture set for ideal home living.

Allee and Warrenb,
Yes, looks like my nomadic days are over, for I've got my own pad now. Perhaps my move into the 'W' neighbourhood might be too close for comfort for some, but I plan not to cramp anyone's style. Live and let live.

Elle and Believer,
Thanks for the endorsement. However, getting older, it is harder to keep up one's agility, mental fortitude and strength each day in these trubulent, yet exciting Asian markets. So, I crave some forbearance during times when I'm less coherent....

And, now finally on to Mossie.......where is the ridsect???!! That pesky mosquito keeps ringing in my ear. As stated by him: "I did a sneaky on him. I created his Homepage without him knowing." Can't really say thank you, for it makes me glued to SI even more. And there goes my sleep....

Warren

(Post 12 of 433)   07/10/2000.04:45:00
Author :
Zinc
hi warren,

thanks a lot for your constant postings which contain much wisdom and knowledge. u have done it out of selfless sharing for the benefit of all of us. i have gained much and hence, appreciate these posts indeed :-)

good to see u in a homepage and perhaps, it is here your contributions will be contained for good easy access :-) heyheyhey....

best wishes to you and your homepage!

(Post 13 of 433)   07/10/2000.08:47:00
Author :
Mossie
Good thing they don't sell ridsects on cyberspace.

(Post 14 of 433)   07/10/2000.12:00:00
Author :
Coral
Warren, I am all eyes and ears! I have enjoyed reading your postings as they are sincere.

Only thing is that some of your knowledge is still beyond me and I had felt discouraged after reading Mossie's and your postings(eg Investment Clock, compressed price,etc).*paiseh*, not here to complain.

Anyway after I thinking things through, I tell myself that I must continue to read in order to learn.

I know next to nothing about TA,FA,etc. In the past,I had always depended on Research notes sent to me by my remiser but w/o going into TA or FA. So based on the reading about the Co's business and prospect, also PE ratio, I will make a decision.

Will always look forward to your postings!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Regards.

(Post 15 of 433)   07/11/2000.08:53:00
Author :
Haven
Warren,

Finally you have a homepage of your own, I'm a fan of yours and now I have a place to go for. Thanks Warren.

(Post 16 of 433)   07/11/2000.09:07:00
Author :
Mossie
Coral,

Don't worry too much about the nitty gritties. Just remember, "BUY LOW-SELL HIGH". Unfortunately, most of us try to time the market to "BUY HIGH-SELL HIGHER".

Second thing to remember, BE BOLD when others are in fear. BE FEARFUL when others are bold. In other words, when there is a melt-down, crash etc, be bold to buy when others are fearful.

All these are explained in the book "Contrarian Investing".

In between these two things that I have asked to remember, simply sit back and learn. The knowledge picked up can be applied when you want to start up businesses etc.

(Post 17 of 433)   07/11/2000.09:45:00
Author :
Warren
Coral,

Adding onto Mossie's reply, your will be surprised how much you really know already. Investing is actually quite simple, it is our own egos, fear, greed etc that gets in the way and makes things really complicated. Stick around, and watch listen and learn.

This community is unique in cyberspace: a caring, sharing bunch who seek to level the playing field for all investors. Hopefully with everyone's efforts, we will be able to conquer IH and even win a few rounds with Mr Markets?

Zinc & Haven,

Thanks for the warm reception. Will try and meet up to your expectations.

(Post 18 of 433)   07/11/2000.10:13:00
Author :
Coral
Thank you Mossie and Warren for your respective replies...much appreciated and encouraged too!

I just came in to edit profile so that I don't have to check in too often...family needs come first.

Yesterday was wonderful for me while it lasted, as my husband were with the children and I had the whole day to myself with all of you here. To me that is Mother's Day...he,he...to do as I pleased!

To all on SI:

Have a very profitable week ahead!!!

Regards.

(Post 19 of 433)   07/11/2000.10:43:00
Author :
Smallchap
Warren, repost my message here from HSH thread, in case you miss it.
================
By Smallchap on Tuesday, July 11, 2000 - 12:19 am:

Sifu Warren,

Would like to seek your view on Hai Sun Hup. Despite its strong fundamantal, its price continue to decline since July 1999 and reached the bottom of $0.30 in early June 2000. Now it is on a steady up trend. Would be grateful for your comment on the involvement of IH in this counter. Thank you.

(Post 20 of 433)   07/11/2000.11:35:00
Author :
Warren
Smallchap,

Apologies for the missing response, sometimes do get a little overwhelmed. Please, not Sifu, just fellow netizen trying to make a living from the market.

HaiSun Hup is indeed an interesting company in transformation form shipping to hotels. It is just that as it moulth its skin, the market needs time to understand and appreciate its business philisophy better. Do they have the wherewithal to handle its recent passion for hotels? Will their Stamford brand stand the test of competition from giant foreign hotel chains?

After all, it is venturing into Australia, a land far away and removed from domestic investors radar screens. Saying that, Thakral Hldgs Group Australia (not directly related to Thakral Corp listed on SGX, except via common controlling shareholders) has done well Down Under.

The trouble is it takes time to show positive results. Even Thakral, which floated in mid 1994, took 2.5 years for its stock price to double. So its a waiting game for HSH. Meanwhile, HSH has added more shares onto its registry via its 2:1 stock split in May. That tripled its issued capital to about 870 mil shares and correspondingly raised the level of free float.

The IH here will have to slowly plug away to digest that potential overhang. Having said that, the company, by unitising it share registery, has made it seem like a 'small cap'. Not so. It may have a small share price, but has a market cap of S$330 mil. Not small by most measure on the SGX, and would require the hand of institutional investors to propel prices higher. The FMs etc are spoilt for choice in this sector.

Nothwithstanding the above, the stock has put up a credible performance and does have a decent chart. Should the tide of money return, even this ship (pardon the pun) will rise. However, I anticipate resistance around 40c levels, and even a decline down to 34c to complete the right shoulder of potential head-and-shoulder pattern (use SI charting to see for yourself).

Stay tuned to developments, for management has struck a bullish chord going forward when they released their latest results. There is also the spin off of the shipping business to look forward too.

No vested interest. Just my 2.5c worth

(Post 21 of 433)   07/11/2000.13:15:00
Author :
Smallchap
Warren,

Thank you very much for sharing your view on HSH. When people get famous the number of their fans increases also. So you have thick-skin fan like me.

Although freight chareges are firming but the hike of fuel prices may affect the bottomline of HSH's shipping business. HSH's hotel business down under is more promissing as I understand the demand for rooms outstrips the supply during the Olympic month of September 2000. So I am confident of HSH's earning growth in the coming year. Whether the growth is sustainable, as you said, it takes time to show.

Yes. I see the right shoulder in SI's HSH Chart at $0.34. In my own chart it shows the prices move within an uptrend channel which is still intact. RSI and MACD show bullish signs also. The $0.40 seems to be a very strong resistance.

I believe this counter is worth holding for mid-term (6-9 months) Will watch HSH development with the eyes of hawks and eagles.

Thank you once again.

(Post 22 of 433)   07/11/2000.13:22:00
Author :
Smallchap
Wrong place. Deleted.

(Post 23 of 433)   07/11/2000.16:30:00
Author :
Senseprec
Warren

I am pleased to see that you've finally set up your home page. Now I know where to go when I want to ask you some questions.

Happy housewarming!

(Post 24 of 433)   07/11/2000.16:33:00
Author :
Senseprec
Warren

I am pleased to see that you've finally set up your home page. Now I know where to go when I want to ask you some questions.

Happy housewarming!

If this is a duplicate post, I'm sorry because I had no way of knowing whether the first one went through!

(Post 25 of 433)   07/11/2000.16:48:00
Author :
Senseprec
Warren & Mossie

Correction to my previous post:

I am pleased to see that the mosquito has set up a warren for that vagabond of a rabbit, Mr. Warren, who has been stalking the invisible hands in the market for so long that he had no place to lay his head at night! Good work, Mossie! Thanks for being a good sport, Warren!

So that was what all the fuss about "Warren's Housewarming" was about on the "Hot Talk" column of the SI homepage! I guessed as much! Good detective work, eh?

(Post 26 of 433)   07/11/2000.16:50:00
Author :
Senseprec
Warren & Mossie

Correction to my previous post:

I am pleased to see that the mosquito has set up a warren for that vagabond of a rabbit, Mr. Warren, who has been stalking the invisible hands in the market for so long that he had no place to lay his head at night! Good work, Mossie! Thanks for being a good sport, Warren!

So that was what all the fuss about "Warren's Housewarming" was about on the "Hot Talk" column of the SI homepage! I guessed as much! Good detective work, eh?

Another file locking error! Warren banyak laku! Well, here goes another round!

(Post 27 of 433)   07/11/2000.23:41:00
Author :
Warren
Senseprec,

Thanks for the kind words and the animated notation to my nick (never thought of it before?) Guess that is why by nature I'm so timid. A rabbit!

Well, must live up to my nick and dig up and sniff out more trails that IH lays down in the markets.

Warren

(Post 28 of 433)   07/12/2000.22:22:00
Author :
Senseprec
Warren

You're welcome. Shall I come to this warren to sniff out any posts by you on the activities of the IH in future? Or do I still need to go wandering around the individual stocks? There are several hundred listed stocks now, what with all the IPOs coming on stream this year.

Of course, I could also search for posts with you as the author. There are a few tunnels that lead to the same warren!

(Post 29 of 433)   07/13/2000.11:20:00
Author :
Karian
Warren
Strayed into your homepage via some threads n read your housewarming archive. I feel so much warmth from just reading. It's like "family". I am actually surprised that there are such sincere enthusiaism on the net. SI is really full of gems. Great place to be in. Thank you n all others for the numerous tutorials. I'm spending much more time now on SI (hours!) as compared to my less than 60 min for stock checks previously.

(Post 30 of 433)   07/13/2000.14:54:00
Author :
Warren
Senseprec,

Your homing instinct is finely tuned and you will find you query with noi help needed from me, thanks all the same.

Yours is a good idea to store house here some of the more relevant postings on the art of "How To Spot Invisible Hands". Good idea too, that you mentioned the use SI search function under author function, I was wondering how to go about it. Must find the time and energy to do so...maybe you could help?

Karian,

Welcome. How did you stray into my warren? Did you, as pointed out by our dear friend Senseprec -- the resident linguist and English school teacher -- take one of the "few tunnels that lead to the same warren"?

Yes, indeed! We are a friendly bunch here. Let you in on a secret: it is easier to be nice, than mean. Kindness begets kindness. That is just how families ought to behave and since we each have our own "home" in cyberspace, we treat one another with respect and caring.

Great that you find "sincere enthusiaism on the net", but really you don't have to be surprised. That sense of family, looking out for one another in this shark-infested marketplace, has somehow become the hallmark and ethos here at SI.

Stay a while, look, watch and learn. Soon enough you will be armed with skills and daring to go swimming among the sharks yourself like Carol, Independent, Mudman, and many others have done, and quite successfully too. Gotta go now, but do come back again for a visit soon.

Warren

(Post 31 of 433)   07/13/2000.15:24:00
Author :
Senseprec
Warren

HOW TO DO A KEYWORD SEARCH

From the SI home page, look down the right-hand column for the Search box and select "keyword". You'll get a keyword search form to fill, where you can key in the keyword you want to search for, and select the following parameters:

Topics to search among(Singapore stocks, homepages, whatever)
Types of pages (I usually choose those with messages)
Text of messages (or names of authors)
How far back you want to search (from 2 days up to 1 month, I think)

When you're ready, hit the "Go" or equivalent button.

Happy searching!

(Post 32 of 433)   07/13/2000.16:17:00
Author :
Warren
Jus,
I trade for a living, and so I have to be multi-talented. Yes, I'm an analyst, broker, market student, information gatherer and everything needed to beat/outfox IH and hopefully win a few rounds against Mr Market.

Its hard work, but being well read helps. Books are the cheapest tuition fees paid to gather ideas from other market greats.

------------------------------------------------------------------
ShareInvestor.com (Singapore): Singapore stocks ( H to L ):
Keppel TatLee
------------------------------------------------------------

By Jus on Thursday, July 13, 2000 - 01:14 am:

Hi Warren, just curious?? Are you a Analyst by
profession??? B'cos, i like to read your posting very much.
It's well-versed, logical and full of knowledgeable
contents. It help me alot really!!

Anyway, i'm a engineer in the infocomm sector.

Cheers!!!

(Post 33 of 433)   07/13/2000.16:19:00
Author :
Warren
Gchan,

Thanks for your kind words. The books mentioned here and other threads are usually available at most good bookstores (try Borders?), otherwise there are many online bookstores that stock these books. Failing which there is Amazon.com.

I bought my copy of "Reminiscenes of a Stock Operator" by Edwin Lefevre some years ago via a direct mail, and its all dog-eared and full of marks and notations. That is how much I treasure the secrets of the book!.

ShareInvestor.com (Singapore): Singapore stocks ( H to L ):
Keppel TatLee

By Gchan on Wednesday, July 12, 2000 - 05:52 pm:

hi warren

have been following your great postings throughout. can i
know where to get the book that u had mentioned it below.

thanks in advance.

(Post 34 of 433)   07/18/2000.13:34:00
Author :
Luck
Warren,

Thanks for sharing your theory on IH. I find your postings very interesting and helpful.

I've been reading a book called "What works on Wallstreet" by James P. O'Shaughnessy. He advocates buying shares based on certain value ratios. I wonder if you know of any software/website which can allow one to search for stocks that fit certain criteria, for example, PE less than 20, ROE more than 10, and mkt cap more than $x?

Thanks in advance.

(Post 35 of 433)   07/19/2000.00:16:00
Author :
Warren
Luck,

Welcome to my homepage. I'm really a novice in the field of software, websites etc and really just started using computers last year. Having said that, I'm aware that there are many commercial programmes floating all over USA that help traders track whatever is the latest fad tool on Wall Street (have you used a search engine like www.askjeeves.com?)

I also remember Mossie mentioning to me how he used to do stock picks by inquring from a programme based on the paramaters you outlined earlier? Only, I forget what it was called. Maybe we can get him to fill in the blanks here? Sorry, for not being much help otherwise.

(Post 36 of 433)   07/19/2000.08:48:00
Author :
Dsea
Hi Warren,

Can I refer you to KepLand charts for the past month or so.

To my amateurish eyes, does the period from late May, ie, 23rd May to end of May represents collection by IH to you? The spurt of activity on 16th June also indicate likely distribution!!!

++++++++++++++++++++

On a separate issue, would IH loath to pick up scrips? Ie, would they prefer to contra rather than use their own money?

I realise from your writings that IH will take as long as possible. But from Silbullet articles, he seems to advocate that IH/Synddies use contra period to let go. His statistical control chart will signify a "let-go" at 25% around the end of contra period. I also understand that the synddies have an extended period like 14 days rather than normal retailer's T+3!

Comments, Warren? This is also cross listed in KepLand Homepage.

(Post 37 of 433)   07/19/2000.11:53:00
Author :
Warren
Dsea,

I shall answer your posting in 2 parts: The first segment on Keppel Land here and the second at the 2nd thread: How to spot "Invisible Hands".

=============================================================

By Warren on Wednesday, July 19, 2000 - 11:31 am:

Dsea,

Agree with your take on Keppel Land. There was a short but tight range trading between $1.51-1.82 during the dates mentioned, where a total of 16.8 mil shares changed hands. Shortly thereafter, it began its springboard advance to hit $2.54, bouyed by positive sentiment towards property stocks.

Volumes picked up notably too, probably the public rushing hoping to catch momentum play by contra trading. Well, we know the outcome of that adventure, don't we?

(Post 38 of 433)   07/19/2000.12:21:00
Author :
Warren
V_tiger,

Well done. You are unlike most punters, who upon losing money to Mr Market can't wait to get back into the game, even though they don't stop to ask "why did I lose money? What did I do wrong?" Instead, they ask "what other tip(s), market rumour or punt I can take to recover what I lost?"

The latter method, all seasoned (read: bruised black and blue from personal knocks!) players know is the fastest way to the poor house. Examine where you went wrong, reading books, and picking up "how to" hints from others forumers is the best response to combat "...my itchy finger combine with the power of internet & mouse" that seduce players back into the game they don't understand.

Keep up the spirit, especially the part where you said: "Hopefully one day I can be like you, helping out pp in SI to become a smarter investor." The more we give, the more we shall receive.

Warren

---------------------------------------------------------------------
By V_tiger on Wednesday, July 19, 2000 - 08:56 am:
Hi Warren,

Thank you for the help.

I didn't really drop by, I have being following your posting very closely. Learning what I can to be a smarter investor. Because of my itchy finger combine with the power of internet & mouse, I have already lost 10k to Mr market.... But for now I am sitting back and reading up books and posting by knowledgeable pp like you, mossie, oldman, oldtimer, Senseprec, Southpark... so as to become smarter. Hopefully one day I can be like you, helping out pp in SI to become a smarter investor.

Cheers
V_tiger

(Post 39 of 433)   07/20/2000.23:25:00
Author :
Warren
Roromomo,

Thanks for dropping by my homepage. I'm glad you find some of my musings useful. Appreciate your desire to keep in touch by private email, but I'd rather not break house ethiquette and take any discussions offline.

Oldman has wisely created a platform for all interested parties to exchange ideas, comments and analysis for the benefit of the entire SI community. I don't feel comfortable breaking that spirit. I'd be happy to engage you in a forum or ideas exchange here in the many stock threads or homepages.

Thanks for your understanding.

Warren

-----------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, July 20, 2000 - 10:13 pm:
Dear Warren,

I have been reading your postings and am very much impressed with your analysis and experience. Would you kindly email me so as to keep in touch?

Thank you
romo

email : roromomo22@hotmail.com

(Post 40 of 433)   07/21/2000.10:10:00
Author :
Roromomo
Hi Warren, Understand your position, could you comment on your views on Jadason enterprise? if IH are at work? thanks

(Post 41 of 433)   07/21/2000.10:14:00
Author :
Warawara
Warren,

I would like to visit ur homepage. Can i have the address ?

Thanks & happy trading

(Post 42 of 433)   07/21/2000.11:06:00
Author :
Warren
Warawara,

You wrote: "I would like to visit ur homepage. Can i have the address ? "

You are already on my homepage. There are just 2 discussions here: the current thread for general comments and observations. The other is How To Spot "Invisible Hands" which can be found at the top header to this thread. Click there and you can read all the discussions so far. Thanks

Warren

(Post 43 of 433)   07/22/2000.19:26:00
Author :
Stockwinner
Hi warren.....can help to analysis the falling of ITG since day 1. Is this stock really that bad? With its current price of $0.55, will it drop further? What strategy will u used if u have bought it at IPO price? Thanks.

(Post 44 of 433)   07/22/2000.23:04:00
Author :
Warren
Stockwinner,

Elsewhere on my homepage on Saturday, July 22, 2000 - 07:31 pm you asked: "Is shorting allowed in on-line trading? Pls advise."

The issue is not whether short selling on-line (or offline) is allowed. Rather, whether it is illegal, and the answer is no. Short selling, or shorting as its commonly referred to, is a practice whereby a player sells stock he does not own, in the hope of buying back the stock at lower price so as to pocket the difference. It is a common practice in many exchanges abroad, and market players use that method to hedge their portfolios to balance risk.

While the rule books here do not classify shorting as illegal and therefore punishable by law, the practice is still frowned upon by the authorities. Reason being it is currently done in an unregulated manner. Now, when a player sells short, he is actually "creating" new shares, for he is selling something he does not own, and has no means to deliver the stock. That is objectionable, for only companies can create new shares, and even then within the charter laid down by its shareholders.

I understand that there is a movement underway to make the practice of short selling more transparent and widely available to all players via a regulatory medium like the CDP. It would involve 'borrowing' stock from a lender (CDP) for a fee, so that an actual delivery can be made against the sale and thereby there is no stock creation.

The added bonus to that method is the short position can be kept open longer, rather than the present method, where either you buy back by day-end or be forced bought back by CDP on T+4. When the player is satisfied, he/she merely covers the position by buying back the short stock from the market and return to lender. Of course, if the position goes wrong, the lender has the right to demand more collateral or else force buy back the short position themselves.

So, in attempting to answer you question, I've deviated a little into the background and some of the thinking currently underway at the SGX. Hopefully, there will be positive outcome soon. That aside, currently it is upto your broker concerned to 'allow' you to short either on-line or offline. Beware though, brokers are taking big risks doing so, as they are supposed to actually discourage the practice.

Why? Because under SGX rules, if the broker knew clients were doing something against the spirit of the rules and regulations, the brokers can be held liable. After all, they benefitted from the transactions (commissions) and they ought to know SGX's practices better. Most brokers, either are unaware of their exposures, or simply turn a blind eye and feign ignorance of clients intentions. As far as clients exposures are concerned, there is little, except being forced bought in at unfavourable prices. That is just a business decision and clients should have factored in the risks in any case.

Hope this sheds some light on the subject of short selling?

Warren

(Post 45 of 433)   07/22/2000.23:06:00
Author :
Warren
Stockwinner,

You asked: ".....can help to analysis the falling of ITG since day 1. Is this stock really that bad? With its current price of $0.55, will it drop further? What strategy will u used if u have bought it at IPO price?"

My comments: New IPOs are a tricky proposition. The underwriters/promoters of the new issue have to price stock according to 2 tenets:

1) get maximum value for the company,
2) leave enough on the table to excite the market.

Do too much for the first tenet and you squeeze the profitability of players in the after market. That is what I think happened here. Actually, I gather that during their initial planning stages, the promoters of ITG felt that could command much higher valuations (closer to S$1.00 per share) compared to what they eventually floated the stock at. However, during the pre-IPO roadshow, when they met with investors' resistance, a cutback was done to the IPO price of 65c.

Looks like the market feels that even at that (lower) pricing level, there was not much left on the table. Hence, the further markdown of price in the after market. Where will it bottom? Your guess is as good as mine. The forum at the ITG thread is chock full, thick with opinions for and against the issue. Me, I avoided it at IPO and even now find little there to excite.

Warren

(Post 46 of 433)   07/23/2000.09:27:00
Author :
Voodoo
Hi warren,
I am a new player in the market....would love to learn from u (if u dun mind)
I atttach here my email add, pls gave me some advise on Do's & Don't ..when to cut loss, when to go in & when to re-entry...etc..
I usually buy index stock, so dunno much abt penny. is it a gd buy ? pls advise
thanks in advance
Regards,
tradersgx@hotmail.com

(Post 47 of 433)   07/23/2000.12:09:00
Author :
Warren
Voodoo,

Thanks for visiting my homepage. While I'm honoured that you "....would love to learn from u (if u dun mind)", I find it difficult to handle discussions offline and away from this forum. My stance on this matter are in reply to a similar posting by another forumer (see below).

As regards your request "gave me some advise on Do's & Don't ..when to cut loss, when to go in & when to re-entry...etc..", feel free to put your questions here. I'd try and answer them to the best of my ability. I'm sure other forumers with similar experiences would benefit and still others maybe able to offer help if I'm unable to do so.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
By Warren on Thursday, July 20, 2000 - 11:25 pm:
Roromomo,

Thanks for dropping by my homepage. I'm glad you find some of my musings useful. Appreciate your desire to keep in touch by private email, but I'd rather not break house ethiquette and take any discussions offline.

Oldman has wisely created a platform for all interested parties to exchange ideas, comments and analysis for the benefit of the entire SI community. I don't feel comfortable breaking that spirit. I'd be happy to engage you in a forum or ideas exchange here in the many stock threads or homepages.

Warren

(Post 48 of 433)   07/23/2000.13:45:00
Author :
Benyeong
Hey Warren

Read so much abt yr homepage, but do not know what your address is. Care to share? I'm a novice investor and a late starter who invests blindly so I need to learn more.

(Post 49 of 433)   07/23/2000.17:22:00
Author :
Raiders
hey warren,

I am impressed by what you have said. I feel I have a lot to learn in this forum. I always thought I could make eay money in the market but I was wrong. Now I still own my remiser 10k and still trying to find ways to pay back. Since you are experienced in this industry. Can you advise me how to pay back? I tried to get a bank loan but it was not approved and the remiser refused to allowed me to pay in installments. I am now very desperate. Please advise me.

(Post 50 of 433)   07/24/2000.00:07:00
Author :
Warren
Benyeong

On Sunday, July 23, 2000 - 01:45 pm your wrote:

"Hey Warren
Read so much abt yr homepage, but do not know what your address is. Care to share? I'm a novice investor and a late starter who invests blindly so I need to learn more."

Thanks for dropping by. Actually, you are already at my hompage, where I have just 2 discussion threads open. The current one we are on at present where general topics are discussed, and the other titled: How To Spot "Invisible Hands" (you can get there by clicking the topic bar at the top page or following this link:
http://www.shareinvestor.com/sg/forum/cgi-bin/show.cgi?200/17271)

Hope you find some of my musings relevant to your own experience. Also, welcome back again if there is something I can help you clarify or address.

Warren

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 of 9