Fighting Thread

1490 replies to this topic

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:15 PM #1

Barbara Hershey to Study T
  • Barbara Hershey to Study T
  • : 0

More casting news has come our way for http://www.officialp...rsey-c-1_3.html the next season of “The X-Filesas Deadline is reporting that Barbara Hershey (Insidious, The Entity, Black Swan) has been tapped for a recurring role on the 10-episode eleventh season of the Fox sci-fi juggernaut following last seasons six-episode revival.

Hershey will play Erika Price, a powerful figure who represents a mysterious organization. She joins returning stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson and co-star Mitch Pileggi. Annabeth Gish also stars.

About “The X-FilesSeason 11:

FOX has ordered a second chapter of “THE X-FILESevent series. The all-new 10-episode installment once again will be executive-produced by creator Chris Carter, with stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson returning in their roles as iconic FBI Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully. The event series will air during the 2017-2018 season. Production is set to begin in summer 2017.

THE X-FILESoriginally premiered in September 1993. Over the course of its nine-season run, the influential series went from breakout sci-fi favorite to massive global hit and became one of the most successful television dramas of all http://www.officialr...sey-c-1_32.html time. The show, which earned 16 Emmy Awards, five Golden Globes, and a Peabody Award, follows FBI special agents Scully (Anderson) and Mulder (Duchovny) as they investigate unexplained cases – “X-Files” – for which the only answers involve paranormal phenomena.

Produced by 20th Century Fox Television and Ten Thirteen Productions, “THE X-FILESis created and executive-produced by Chris Carter.

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:14 PM #2

Is Christian McCaffrey the
  • Is Christian McCaffrey the

SPARTANBURG

The Carolina Panthers wrapped their 2017 http://www.rd-corp.c...sey-c-1_16.html training camp at Wofford on Sunday after 16 practices spread over about three weeks.

And although head coach Ron Rivera declined to name a camp Most Valuable Player, we at the Observer unanimously agree that the award should go to second-year cornerback James Bradberry after he showed plenty of ball-hawking confidence and came down with several huge plays.

Here is what we learned:

Offense

Nobody seems unduly worried about quarterback Cam Newtons shoulder.

After the first night of full activity in front of an excited Gibbs Stadium crowd, Newton had a 12-day span during which he did not throw the ball at all, albeit very slowly to trainers.

But his “pitch-countincreased during the final two practices as Newton began to throw to receivers during individual drills and in http://www.texanspro...sey-c-1_33.html team drills. Head coach Ron Rivera said Newton was progressing as planned and that there was no reason to panic.

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:25 PM #3

18 Seasons and 18 Stories
  • 18 Seasons and 18 Stories

The Browns' preseason begins tonight http://www.officialr...sey-c-1_28.html against the Saints of New Orleans. Brock Osweiler, the latest name to bounce around the front office spin cycle, will take the helm at QB. You can almost write the rest of the season from there.

But before all of that begins, we'd like to take you on a trip into the past. Before we abandon all rationality and dive into a season of numbing pain, we, as Browns fans, must take a moment to remember from whence we came.

Play

Current Time 0:00

/

Duration Time 0:00

Progress: 0%0:00

Fullscreen

00:00

Mute

Here, after 18 seasons, are the 18 stories that best encapsulate the modern Browns era.

18. Trading Our Opening Day Starting QB After One Game - Charlie Frye or Derek Anderson? Derek Anderson or Charlie Frye? Or maybe Brady Quinn? That was the question throughout training camp, leading up to the 2007 season. Charlie Frye won the job in camp. The hometown kid was tapped to start the opener. The whole town rallied behind him against the Steelers, the old rivals from across the border. Frye played less than one half of that season. He was benched before halftime, the team lost 41-7 and, the next day, the Browns traded him to Seattle. (This one was embarrassing at the time, but this move actually helped, as the Browns went 10-6 this year behind a career season from Derek Anderson.)

17. Draft Day - A movie being made http://www.officialr...sey-c-1_21.html about your hometown team should be exciting. But this fictional film wasn't about playing football, it was about the NFL Draft. And because of how awful they've been as a franchise, the Browns are now so synonymous with the NFL Draft that of course they were the subject of this film, an extremely unrealistic portrayal of what it's like in an NFL war room on the day of the draft. (Cleveland notoriously got the nod after Ohio's film tax credits beat the bottom line on what the studio would have to spend on the original subject, the Buffalo Bills.)

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:40 PM #4

Devin Funchess standing ou
  • Devin Funchess standing ou

Carolina Panthers wide receiver http://www.newjersey...rsey-c-1_5.html Devin Funchess is having an "excellent" training camp, reports Jourdan Rodrigue of The Charlotte Observer.

WHAT IT MEANS:

Funchess "made several big catches," per Rodrigue, and it sounds like he's poised to lock down the second receiving gig in Carolina behind Kelvin Benjamin. Entering his third season in the NFL, Funchess turned only 23 in May. It's worth mentioning that Benjamin, who struggled with his conditioning this offseason, "has been fairly quiet all of training camp so far."

numberFire's models rank Funchess just inside the top-100 fantasy receivers entering the season, and we project him to catch 23.9 http://www.officialp...rsey-c-1_8.html passes for 378.6 yards and 2.09 touchdowns.

Source: Jourdan Rodrigue, The Charlotte Observer

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:05 PM #5

Devin Funchess standing ou
  • Devin Funchess standing ou

Carolina Panthers wide receiver <a href="http://www.officialr...c-1_18.html</a> Devin Funchess is having an "excellent" training camp, reports Jourdan Rodrigue of The Charlotte Observer.

WHAT IT MEANS:

Funchess "made several big catches," per Rodrigue, and it sounds like he's poised to lock down the second receiving gig in Carolina behind Kelvin Benjamin. Entering his third season in the NFL, Funchess turned only 23 in May. It's worth mentioning that Benjamin, who struggled with his conditioning this offseason, "has been fairly quiet all of training camp so far."

numberFire's models rank Funchess just inside the top-100 fantasy receivers entering the season, and we project him to catch 23.9 passes <a href="http://www.rd-corp.c...c-1_15.html</a> for 378.6 yards and 2.09 touchdowns.

Source: Jourdan Rodrigue, The Charlotte Observer

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:43 AM #6

Panthers: Pieces in place
  • Panthers: Pieces in place

The Carolina Panthers experienced a http://www.arimtex.c...sey-c-1_45.html bad Super Bowl hangover in 2016, falling from 15-1 to 6-10 and the NFC South cellar. Their season was a personification of the phrase: everything that can go wrong, will go wrong.

Quarterback Cam Newton became a punching bag, the running game fell apart, wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin’s return was disappointing at best, star linebacker Luke Kuechly suffered a terrifying concussion and was out for the remainder of the year. Even as early as Week 1, when kicker Graham Gano missed a 50-yard field goal that would have given the Panthers a win in Denver, everything that could have gone wrong, went wrong.

Coming into this season, things look different. That’s in large part because logic dictates that many things cant go wrong again. But the Panthers took steps toward fixing a lot of what needed fixing offensively. The biggest thing they did was drafting running back Christian McCaffrey in the first round.

McCaffrey will spark a fundamental shift in Carolina’s offense. The Stanford products upside is in the passing game. He has good hands, a solid route tree (for a running back) and racks up yardage after the catch. Simply put, he is http://www.arimtex.c...sey-c-1_28.html a perfect fit for a team that loves to throw it short. Before now, the Panthers haven’t been that team. Per Cian Faheys charting, Newton led the league in average depth of target last season. Carolina, in the past, has been a vertical offense.

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:51 AM #7

Is Christian McCaffrey the
  • Is Christian McCaffrey the

The Carolina Panthers wrapped their 2017 http://www.ky-oo32.c...sey-c-1_36.html training camp at Wofford on Sunday after 16 practices spread over about three weeks.

And although head coach Ron Rivera declined to name a camp Most Valuable Player, we at the Observer unanimously agree that the award should go to second-year cornerback James Bradberry after he showed plenty of ball-hawking confidence and came down with several huge plays.

Nobody seems unduly worried about quarterback Cam Newton’s shoulder.

After the first night of full activity in front of an excited Gibbs Stadium crowd, Newton had a 12-day span during which he did not throw the ball at all, albeit very slowly to trainers.

But his “pitch-countincreased during the final two practices as Newton began to throw to receivers during individual drills and in team drills. Head coach Ron Rivera said Newton was progressing as planned and that there was no reason to panic.

The team missed receiver Curtis Samuel. Samuel was supposed to add an immediate layer of depth to an offense that is trying to be more explosive and efficient. But the second-round pick missed the entirety of camp with a hamstring injury.

Presumably, Carolina used veteran scatback Fozzy Whittaker as the “Samuelin certain two-back sets run very sparingly in camp, at times sending Whittaker or rookie running back Christian McCaffrey in motion and once allowing McCaffrey to take the direct snap and try to hand off to Whittaker (it was botched).

Though the Panthers installed the bulk of the offense, we didnt see all of it. Carolina is excited about its new toys in McCaffrey, Samuel and incoming free agent receiver Russell Shepard. But with thousands of eyes watching (and cameras on), there was no way Rivera and offensive coordinator Mike Shula showed their http://www.ochomesnl...sey-c-1_26.html complete hand.

McCaffrey is the real deal. Not only did he juke out star linebackers Luke Kuechly, Thomas Davis and Shaq Thompson early in camp, he also put Kuechly in a blender on a now-viral set of cuts and had teammates fawning over him in press conferences. McCaffrey followed this up with a strong preseason debut, during which he both lined up as a pass-catcher and ran between the tackles. It was revealed that McCaffrey is the rare running back with a full receiver route tree, but teammates said the double-workload didnt seem to be more than he could handle as a rookie.

A fairly quiet start camp for lead wideout Kelvin Benjamin intensified after his touchdown catch in Carolinas first preseason game. Benjamin showed up to camp looking leaner, and it was revealed that he was mourning the loss of his mother.

Part of the heated competition at receiver began to get clearer after the preseason game. Damiere Byrds 98-yard, two-touchdown performance has all but sealed his spot on the 53-man roster as a much-needed dose of burner Jonathan Stewart Youth Jersey speed and slot capability. That means there is one spot left among receivers Mose Frazier, Brenton Bersin, Trevor Graham, Keyarris Garrett, Kaelin Clay and Austin Duke, if the Panthers are keepting six receivers.

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:39 AM #8

Meet the Chef: Adam Forema
  • Meet the Chef: Adam Forema

Adam Foreman in November 2016 took http://www.cheapdolp...sey-c-1_21.html over the back of the house as executive chef at Chuck’s Steak House & Margarita Grill in Auburn.

The chef was born and raised in Kirkwood, Missouri, a suburb of St. Louis. “From the time that I can remember I was most often found in the kitchen helping my mother cook, or I was lending my dad a helping hand at his butcher shop,said Foreman.

My cooking endeavors began at an early age. When I was in the fourth grade I made my class blueberry sourdough pancakes, using the sourdough starter that has been in my family since 1920.

At the age of 12, I entered a BBQ cook-off for the March of Dimes, over 50 people participated. I cooked a marinated flank steak and came in second place. It was that day that I realized I had a huge passion for cooking.

Foreman’s other love growing up was aviation.

My father had his private pilots license, and we would take his small plane on daily trips on the weekends,said Foreman. I started taking flying lessons and after high school went on to take flying classes. During this time, I got offered a job to fly for a pipeline company in Wyoming. I moved out there only to have that job offer fall through, so my love for cooking came back into play and I started working for a private country club,he said.

He later got offered a job in Colorado, the place where his culinary adventure really took off, he said. “It was New Years Eve and the head chef of the restaurant I worked in walked out. I took over and never looked back,said Foreman.

The chef said he was “convinced by a friendto continue http://www.officialv...sey-c-2_48.html his education. He studied at Johnson & Wales University in Providence, earning an associate degree in culinary arts.

After college, I ventured out and started my own restaurant with some family members in Massachusetts,said Foreman. This didnt work out, but it was one of the best learning experiences I had.

Foreman worked at various private country clubs before accepting his position at Chuck’s Steak House.

Although he works full time at the restaurant, Foreman made the decision to go into business for himself again. “I am an on-the-go guy and decided I wanted to have my own food truck,said Foreman. Off the Hook Roadside Eatery is a food trailer that takes comfort food up a notch with a little New England flair added in,he said.

You can sometimes find the truck in Chuck’s Steak House parking lot during the week. Its a great lunch spot. The restaurant does not open for lunch, and owners Steve Londregan and Tom Flynn have no problem with Foreman using the lot.

Londregan and Flynn have owned Chuck’s Steak House & Margarita Grill, 10 Prospect St., Auburn, for 39 years. Visit www.chucks.com for hours and Adam Vinatieri Womens Jersey menu. The website also offers information about Comedy Night, live entertainment, private function space and off-site catering. Telephone (508) 832-2553. Connect on Facebook.

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:51 AM #9

Can Adam Bisnowaty or D.J.
  • Can Adam Bisnowaty or D.J.

I hate to disappoint some readers this early in http://www.officialp...sey-c-9_73.html the mailbag. But after a week-plus of training camp, I'm even more convinced Ereck Flowers and Bobby Hart are locked in as the left and right tackles for this season.

Sixth-round pick Adam Bisnowaty has looked like a promising rookie, but one who isn't quite ready yet. I don’t expect him to compete for playing time immediately, unless there's an injury or two. My guess is Bisnowaty may be the inactive offensive lineman most weeks to start the season.

Undrafted rookie Chad Wheeler has also flashed. The guess here is the Giants will be able to get him on the practice squad without any issue. If they really have to, they can find a way to carry a ninth offensive lineman to protect him, but I doubt someone will claim him to go directly on the 53-man roster. A "convenient" injured reserve trip would prevent him from practicing, which would seem counter-productive in the long run.

Veteran D.J. Fluker has gotten some right tackle snaps in half-line and walkthrough drills, but nothing in team drills yet. And the right tackle http://www.officialp...rsey-c-2_4.html work he has gotten has been solely with second- and third-team groups, and not starters.

It’s clear the Giants feel he is best suited as a guard. The issue for him is there's nothing to suggest he can overtake John Jerry for the right guard job. Jerry is coming off one of his best seasons and just re-signed for three years, plus there has been no suggestion of a competition at the position.

My personal takeaway (and this may sound silly): Fluker looks too big at this point to play tackle, unless he’s forced there by injury or some other mitigating circumstance. He looks like a bruising guard built to play inside, rather than a tackle meant to be guarding the edge against speed rushers. I really think the Giants see him as a guard first and foremost, and any tackle work will come second.

Giants fans may not like the fact no changes Zach Brown Womens Jersey are likely at the tackle spots, but they have to accept it and hope for the best.

Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:54 PM #10

The backlog at wide receiver and the http://www.authentic...sey-c-2_53.html difficulty the Hall selection committee is having with properly evaluating receivers from the modern game does not help Rod Smith's cause. You have five Hall-of-Fame-eligible players who are not in that had more career yards, receptions and touchdowns than Smith -- and three of those five didn't even make the list of finalists (Hines Ward, Torry Holt and Irving Fryar). Isaac Bruce and Terrell Owens were finalists this year, and next year, Randy Moss almost certainly will be a finalist, and with 156 touchdown catches, more than any wide receiver not named Jerry Rice, he is a virtual lock for induction.

The undrafted status is a great storyline, but in the discussion of accomplishments, draft status (or the lack thereof) isn't going to make a difference. I'd love to see Smith make it, but realistically, I don't see it happening.

As for Atwater, he's been a finalist before, and the first step is to make him a finalist again. Safeties remain terribly underrepresented in the Hall of Fame, and the induction of seniors committee nominee Kenny Easley is only a first step in correcting this oversight. The issue for Atwater is the other safeties who are also under consideration; John Lynch and Brian Dawkins were both finalists last year. Lynch is a four-time finalist. In 2019, Ed Reed is eligible. In 2020, Troy Polamalu becomes eligible. Unfortunately, their arrival into the pool may affect the case for Atwater, which places some urgency to get Atwater's case back into the finalists' room in 2018. Otherwise, his case might have to wait until he passes into the seniors pool in 2024.

As ever, I continue to advocate a once-a-decade, 19-person class to ease the logjams that exist at so many spots. Doing so in 2019 for the NFL's 100th season would be logical. This wouldn't be a cure-all, but it would be a good first step.

We all saw the struggles of the O-line last year, how http://www.authentic...sey-c-2_42.html big of an upgrade do you think this year´s O-line will be? I think it is the key for a play off appearance.

-- Mathias Harling

Looking at the first team in particular, I was encouraged by its play Thursday and saw the foundation of an improved group. There were more positives than negatives, particularly in its run-blocking. Although the first-play sack allowed by Menelik Watson was an early setback, I felt he recovered well; watch his work on the next play to help spring C.J. Anderson for a 6-yard gain to see just how he was able to compartmentalize what happened and move past it.

Connor McGovern looked solid at center, and I liked how he helped guide Garett Bollesaway after a dustup that led to offsetting penalties. The offseason work with the first team forced McGovern to step up in every way. He looks like a keeper -- and could be at least the top interior backup as Matt Paradis returns to the starting role at center. Bolles played well in his first start; he was tenacious, as expected.

There will be some ups and downs; its growth will Ndamukong Suh Womens Jersey not necessarily be on a straight line. Don't expect perfection in the early going. But it appears as if the Broncos have the foundation to cultivate a much better line this year than last year.

Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:04 PM #11

Fayetteville community hon
  • Fayetteville community hon

FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina (WTVD) -- The http://www.authentic...sey-c-2_36.html community honored the memory of a North Carolina soldier killed in Afghanistan Monday.

Army Spc. Christopher (Chris) Michael Harris, 25, of Jackson Springs, NC died in Afghanistan on August 2 when his patrol vehicle was struck by a vehicle borne improvised explosive device. Sgt. Jonathon Michael Hunter, 23, of Columbus, Indiana, was also killed.

Harris was born November 3, 1991 in St. Petersburg, Florida. He attended Grace Christian School in Sanford, NC., where he was a member of the soccer and basketball team, and graduated in 2010.

WANT TO HELP? GoFundMe for Spc. Harris' family

The family asked people to line the streets of the http://www.authentic...rsey-c-2_8.html funeral procession with American Flags and the procession was led by members of the Patriot

Posted 15 August 2017 - 11:37 AM #12

Fantasy Football Breaking
  • Fantasy Football Breaking

Rotoworld.com's Fantasy Football Draft Guide

Our Draft Guide contains everything you http://www.authentic...sey-c-1_14.html need to dominate your draft. Cheatsheets, player profiles, ''Print On Demand'' - portable draft guides, closer reports, keeper rankings and future dollar values, Rotoworld Oracle, fantasy news columns, ADP, IDP, custom scoring, are just a few things our draft guide has to offer.

If you want to dominate your draft this year, click here to get your Football Draft Guide

Rotoworld.com's Season Pass

The Season Pass will help guide you make the best choices during the regular season. Player Tracker, RotoDirect, Stats Explorer and many other fantasy sports tools that will give you the edge you need to dominate your fantasy football league.

If you want expert advice and a competitive http://www.authentic...sey-c-2_11.html edge, click here to check out Rotoworld.com's Football Season Pass

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:48 AM #13

Insecure’s Jay Ellis on La
  • Insecure’s Jay Ellis on La

You worse than a **** nigga. Youre a **** nigga who thinks hes a good dude.So went Tasha the bank tellers overdue http://www.authentic...rsey-c-1_4.html evisceration of former nice guy Lawrence (Jay Ellis) on Insecure’s previous episode. This week, Lawrence solidified that reputation, thoughtlessly moving on from Tasha, without considering she mightve had a point, and straight into the bed of two roommates who lure him into a random threesome under questionable pretenses. With the tables now turned, Lawrence is left wondering how anyone could so casually and routinely use another person, a crisis of self he faces while parked outside of the apartment he once shared with his ex-girlfriend, Issa (Issa Rae). All season, Lawrence has recovered from the aftershock of Issa cheating on him by dulling the pain with sexual dalliances. Its a sharp turn of character thats torn apart his rabid Twitter fan base (see: #LawrenceHive) and whole black households alike. Vulture spoke to Ellis about whether you should still root for Lawrence, that threesome, male fragility, and his new web series, Hard Medicine.

If you had told me that season-one Lawrence would end up having a threesome with two women he meets at the grocery store this season … at this point, is the show just writing exclusively for #LawrenceHive?

I remember one day our showrunner Prentice Penny texted me saying, “Bruh, I got something for you and its every mans dream. Im telling you, man, the Lawrence Hive is gonna love it.But he didnt tell me how the threesome ends. That was his way of getting me excited for it, and then when I actually read it, I was like, Come on, man, why does Lawrence gotta go out like this? This aint fair!Its cool, but Ive never had that experience. Ive had friends whove had threesomes, and its an interesting take on how those situations can sometimes happen.

You know, we have three really interesting stories this year with Issa, Lawrence, and Molly being single and dealing with the fallout from episode eight of last season [when Lawrence leaves Issa]. What we’re seeing with Lawrence is http://www.coltsshop...sey-c-1_16.html single-male behavior. I can honestly say I’ve had friends whove walked similar paths, and there are some things Lawrence has done this season that Ive even done while being single and dating in Los Angeles. I dont think its writing for #LawrenceHive as much as it is writing from a real perspective with an honest take of what its like to be a single male in this city. A single black man, on top of that.

Race comes up in this scenario, too, because Lawrence thinks it’s going to be a huge win, but a less naïve audience can automatically see its a trap: These two women fetishize black men.

I think Lawrence doesn’t see it because in the previous episode, one of his co-workers tells him hes like a unicorn. He starts believing his hype a little bit. Before, hes like, Nah, Im just nerdy Lawrence; thats just me.But when these girls approach him, its the first moment where he goes, Maybe this is easier for me than I thought. Maybe I am this unicorn. Obviously, that all unravels when hes told by these girls that another black guy can do it much better than him, and Lawrence is far from their first.

How do you film a sex scene like that and have it not be totally awkward?

I chemistry-read with the two actresses. From the minute that you get to start creating this story with other actors, you have to be kind, honest, and respectful. You’re stumbling through this just like they are, but youre here to protect them first. The most important thing is that they feel comfortable. And were lucky to have such a super-talented team behind the camera. That day Prentice directed, [executive producer and director] Melina [Matsoukas] was on set, Issa was also producing behind the camera, and we had the writer of the episode. They were all there, but not in the room. You start to see were in really good Ahmad Brooks Youth Jersey hands, so if there’s a question or insecurity, theyre there. This is Issas vision, obviously, but were all in this together, and were all in search of authenticity in this moment. But itll always be awkward. You got somebody sitting on your face and thighs who you just met 48 hours earlier. And youre being directed, Stop! Slower! Faster! Grab his face!

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:47 AM #14

You worse than a **** nigga. Youre a **** nigga who thinks hes a good dude.So went Tasha the bank tellers overdue http://www.authentic...rsey-c-1_4.html evisceration of former nice guy Lawrence (Jay Ellis) on Insecure’s previous episode. This week, Lawrence solidified that reputation, thoughtlessly moving on from Tasha, without considering she mightve had a point, and straight into the bed of two roommates who lure him into a random threesome under questionable pretenses. With the tables now turned, Lawrence is left wondering how anyone could so casually and routinely use another person, a crisis of self he faces while parked outside of the apartment he once shared with his ex-girlfriend, Issa (Issa Rae). All season, Lawrence has recovered from the aftershock of Issa cheating on him by dulling the pain with sexual dalliances. Its a sharp turn of character thats torn apart his rabid Twitter fan base (see: #LawrenceHive) and whole black households alike. Vulture spoke to Ellis about whether you should still root for Lawrence, that threesome, male fragility, and his new web series, Hard Medicine.

If you had told me that season-one Lawrence would end up having a threesome with two women he meets at the grocery store this season … at this point, is the show just writing exclusively for #LawrenceHive?

I remember one day our showrunner Prentice Penny texted me saying, “Bruh, I got something for you and its every mans dream. Im telling you, man, the Lawrence Hive is gonna love it.But he didnt tell me how the threesome ends. That was his way of getting me excited for it, and then when I actually read it, I was like, Come on, man, why does Lawrence gotta go out like this? This aint fair!Its cool, but Ive never had that experience. Ive had friends whove had threesomes, and its an interesting take on how those situations can sometimes happen.

You know, we have three really interesting stories this year with Issa, Lawrence, and Molly being single and dealing with the fallout from episode eight of last season [when Lawrence leaves Issa]. What we’re seeing with Lawrence is http://www.coltsshop...sey-c-1_16.html single-male behavior. I can honestly say I’ve had friends whove walked similar paths, and there are some things Lawrence has done this season that Ive even done while being single and dating in Los Angeles. I dont think its writing for #LawrenceHive as much as it is writing from a real perspective with an honest take of what its like to be a single male in this city. A single black man, on top of that.

Race comes up in this scenario, too, because Lawrence thinks it’s going to be a huge win, but a less naïve audience can automatically see its a trap: These two women fetishize black men.

I think Lawrence doesn’t see it because in the previous episode, one of his co-workers tells him hes like a unicorn. He starts believing his hype a little bit. Before, hes like, Nah, Im just nerdy Lawrence; thats just me.But when these girls approach him, its the first moment where he goes, Maybe this is easier for me than I thought. Maybe I am this unicorn. Obviously, that all unravels when hes told by these girls that another black guy can do it much better than him, and Lawrence is far from their first.

I chemistry-read with the two actresses. From the minute that you get to start creating this story with other actors, you have to be kind, honest, and respectful. You’re stumbling through this just like they are, but youre here to protect them first. The most important thing is that they feel comfortable. And were lucky to have such a super-talented team behind the camera. That day Prentice directed, [executive producer and director] Melina [Matsoukas] was on set, Issa was also producing behind the camera, and we had the writer of the episode. They were all there, but not in the room. You start to see were in really good Ahmad Brooks Youth Jersey hands, so if there’s a question or insecurity, theyre there. This is Issas vision, obviously, but were all in this together, and were all in search of authenticity in this moment. But itll always be awkward. You got somebody sitting on your face and thighs who you just met 48 hours earlier. And youre being directed, Stop! Slower! Faster! Grab his face!

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:31 AM #15

Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:39 AM #16

Jameis Winston, Vernon Har
  • Jameis Winston, Vernon Har

Quarterback Jameis Winston and the Tampa http://www.billsjers...sey-c-1_37.html Bay Buccaneers' offense look to be headed in the right direction in 2017, despite not reaching the end zone Friday night in a 23-12 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals. Cornerback Vernon Hargreaves also showed that he has taken to coach Dirk Koetter's call to play more aggressively. The kicking woes continued for Roberto Aguayo -- he lost serious ground to Nick Folk.

QB depth chart: Winston went 9-for-13 for 99 yards, with no touchdowns and no interceptions. He threw for four first downs on that opening drive but twice missed Mike Evans on fade routes in the end zone. Backups Ryan Fitzpatrick and Ryan Griffin alternated after that, and it was not promising. Fitzpatrick ran in a 6-yard touchdown, but had a dreadful series in the fourth quarter. In a span of three plays, he was nearly picked off, fumbled and then was intercepted. Griffin went 4-for-9 for 57 yards and left the game with a shoulder injury.

When it was starters vs. starters, the Bucs looked ...: Pretty good. Evans caught four passes on seven targets for 58 yards. On defense, Hargreaves http://www.billsonli...sey-c-1_52.html made an outstanding, touchdown-saving interception at the goal line on a pass intended for Brandon LaFell. He also had a pass breakup on third down, forcing the Bengals to settle for a field goal.

One reason to be concerned: While the Bucs' defensive starters had a nice outing, the backups struggled, making Bengals backup quarterback Jeff Driskel look like an All-Pro in the second half. There was no pressure up front; there were missed tackles and miscommunication. Justin Evans was nowhere to be found when Robert McClain was expecting help over the top on Josh Malone’s touchdown. Backups along the offensive line also struggled in protection.

Posted 14 August 2017 - 04:58 PM #17

RT Mike Remmers Hopes To M
  • RT Mike Remmers Hopes To M

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Riley Reiff is getting http://www.billsonli...sey-c-1_46.html the lion’s share of the pre-season chatter as the projected starting left tackle for the Minnesota Vikings.

However, the Vikings also signed another free agent lineman who’ll be inserted in the starting lineup on the right side of the line, tackle Mike Remmers.

David McCoy has more http://www.authentic...zed-c-1_11.html from Mankato in the report above.

Posted 14 August 2017 - 04:02 PM #18

Backup safety Doug Middlet
  • Backup safety Doug Middlet

Jets safety Doug Middleton suffered http://www.authentic...sey-c-1_14.html a pectoral injury in Saturday’s preseason victory over the Titans, and now tests have revealed the worst.

Middleton is dealing with a torn pec, according to a source. He’s expected to undergo surgery after receiving a second opinion.

Entering the preseason opener, Middleton was playing with the second-team defense as a backup safety alongside Rontez Miles.

Middleton sustained the pec injury in the fourth quarter Saturday while making a tackle on punt coverage. He dragged Tennessee returner Eric Weems down from behind and stayed down following the play. He walked off the field under his own power after trainers spent several minutes hovering over him.

The Jets hinted at the severity of Middleton’s injury earlier Sunday when they signed former Saints and Falcons safety Robenson Therezie and http://www.billsjers...sey-c-1_45.html waived FB Algernon Brown.

Other safeties on the roster include Ronald Martin — who snagged a one-handed interception Saturday night and Shamarko Thomas.

Rookies Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye are slated to start in Week 1.

Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:08 PM #19

Cordy Glenn, Shaq Lawson s
  • Cordy Glenn, Shaq Lawson s

Left tackle Cordy Glenn returned to practice http://www.billsshop...sey-c-1_40.html at Bills camp this week, but he won’t make his preseason debut on Thursday night.

Coach Sean McDermott said earlier this week that Glenn was day-to-day, which left his status for the game against the Vikings up in the air. The team announced on Thursday that Glenn will not dress for the game and he’ll take the night off after dealing with foot soreness last week.

McDermott put defensive end Shaq Lawson in the same category earlier this week and he landed on the same inactive list with Glenn on Thursday. He’s been dealing with a groin injury.

Wide receiver Sammy Watkins is expected to play around a quarter of the game while newly signed Anquan Boldin will not be in the http://www.cheapdolp...sey-c-1_35.html lineup a few days after joining the team. Wide receiver Jeremy Butler, cornerback Kevon Seymour and defensive end Ryan Davis are also being held out of the game.

Posted 14 August 2017 - 02:20 PM #20

2017 Preseason Game Previe
  • 2017 Preseason Game Previe

With the 2017 preseason kicking off on http://www.yadeos.co...rsey-c-1_3.html Wednesday, August 9, Lions fans have to wait until a typical Sunday to see the action. Many questions are coming out of the team as training camp closed. Who is the backup quarterback? How will the linebackers look? Is Kenny Golladay all hype and no bite?

Well while it is only one game to go off of, some of these questions could be answered somewhat come Sunday. With changes coming from the NFL as teams must shrink their rosters from 90 to 53 in one day, compared to 90 to 75 by week four of the preseason, then from 75 to 53 after that.

With that, this gives over 400 players around the league one extra week to prove their worth on the team and that journey for them starts Sunday.

We all know Matt Stafford will be under center on Sundays, and he will get his one drive, leaving the rest of the game up to Jake Rudock and Brad Kaaya. Both have been competing since Kaaya was drafted by the Lions. Last season, Rudock competed with veteran Dan Orlovsky, and while Rudock performed better than Orlovsky, the Lions cut Rudock but brought him back to the practice squad.

During the offseason for the Lions, they decided that Rudock was the future as the backup, informing Orlovsky that he would not be http://www.officialn...sey-c-9_99.html brought back. With that, the Lions drafted Kaaya out of Miami and the competition started.

So far in camp, from many fans/writers eyes, Rudock is in the lead in the battle so far. Neither has looked phenomenal in practices, but Rudock is a step ahead of Kaaya. This battle will be the main focus on the offense come Sunday.

When it came for the Detroit Lions to make their pick at 21 for the 2017 NFL Draft, many players were possibilities. Fans argued whether a linebacker or defensive end should be the first pick. Others thought a running back or cornerback were bigger holes. When the time came, the Lions selected Davis out of Florida and they haven’t looked back.

Davis has impressed the media with the way he presents himself and the role he looks to take on the team as a rookie. His presence in the locker Dont'a Hightower Youth Jersey room screams a future leader of this defense and this team. Davis has impressed in camp so far with his coverage skills and big hits.

Reply to this topic